CHBC Ministry Events will not be charged unless:
- We have to hire people to help with the event (e.g. A/V, clean up or chair reset, etc).
- Your request does not fall within our building hours and we need to extend the hours of an attendant.
It is the responsibility of the ministry to coordinate with the Facilities Director. Generally speaking, your set-up time should include time to fine-tune the set up of your space. We provide you with tables, chairs, etc., in the rooms you requested; we will do our best to set them up roughly the way you describe if time allows, but you are responsible for moving them around to suit your exact needs.
The rates listed apply to all non-CHBC ministry use.
These rates apply to one time usage. Any regular use must be negotiated with the Facilities Director.
Building Hours: Due to COVID-19 – Regular Building Hours have been Suspended.
(Summer hours — building is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday evenings) Rooms are available only.
- Mon-Thurs: 9 am-9 pm,
- Friday: 9 am-2:30 pm and 6:30 pm-10 pm,
- Saturdays: 9 am-12:00 pm. Saturday afternoons until 4 pm are usually available IF you are requesting space at least a week in advance and there is building attendant availability. Any after-hour reservations will incur additional charges for staffing.
- Saturday evenings and Sunday are reserved for CHBC ministry-events ONLY.
- The building opens and closes at the times given – any time for set-up or clean-up must be included within the hours that the building is open.
Our summer hours are often abbreviated, based on building usage.
|Adult Classroom||$30 per hour|
|Chapel and Chapel Lobby||$65/hr with a 2-hour minimum|
|Sanctuary||$65/hr, with a 2 hour minimum; in addition, a consultation with our AV supervisor is usually necessary even if your event does not require AV services. (This is because of the AV equipment usually out on the stage, and is designed to make sure that your event is as comfortable and successful as possible.)|
You are charged for not only the length of the event, but also the time it takes you for set-up and clean-up. These rates do not include sound, stage lighting, clearing or resetting of stage or clean-up.
No food or drinks are permitted in the auditorium.
Fees Due & Cancellations
Full payment is due before the day of the reservation. If you need to cancel, we request that you inform us at least 24 hours (one business day) in advance of the date you are cancelling. Less notice than this will result in a lower than 100% refund of your fees. Even with notice, some arrangements we make to host your event may not be able to be cancelled, and we will not refund the costs of any of those arrangements.
Set-Up & Clean-Up
Users may be asked to set up or the room for the next event. Users are responsible for cleaning the room no matter how they found the room. Users must take all trash to the dumpster. No food without prior permission. Charges will also apply if facility staff has to do additional cleaning after you leave.
Sanctuary chairs are not to be moved without permission of the Facilities Director. Chair reset in the sanctuary has a fee of $45 per hour. As an example, it takes about 4 hours to reset the chairs in half of the sanctuary. The group may make an arrangement to provide a preset number of volunteers to help with chair reset in order to reduce the cost. Only members of the group who are trained to do so may move chairs in the sanctuary. Please arranged with the Facilities Director or Facilities Admin for training.
If you are planning an event in the Sanctuary which will require AV support we must have at least 3 weeks notice in order to be reasonably sure that we will have AV staff available. If your event request is within that timeframe, please contact Sean Stickel (email@example.com) to discuss your AV needs.
AV Use in Sanctuary
Audio Video charges in the Sanctuary are as follows:
- Fees are based on the amount of time and the number of AV personnel required for an event.
- Each of the items shown in the table below may require a separate AV person dedicated to that task. For example, if you want your event recorded on DVD, the event itself will probably require one A/V person to run sound and another to run video equipment bringing the cost to roughly $60 per hour. Sometimes, depending on the needs of an event, it is possible for one person to accomplish more than one task. Example: You want the stage lights turned on for your event – this can be done by another person on the AV team and thus will not incur a per-hour charge. If however, you want lighting changes made during the event, a dedicated AV person will likely be needed and will require the full per-hour fee.
- Please note that the amount of time worked by AV personnel will be somewhat greater than the scheduled event time due to set-up and post-event work, depending on the needs of the event.
- Requests for Sanctuary AV use should be submitted at least three weeks in advance of the event date. CHBC will provide trained AV personnel and an estimate of cost for V use.
|Sound production for groups using the house PA system||$30/hr|
|Sound recording – a CD can be made of your event||$30/hr|
|Video production – showing DVDs, PowerPoint slides, etc.||$30/hr|
|Video recording – a DVD can be made of your event||$30/hr|
|Lighting – stage lights and house lights requiring an attendant||$30/hr|
For events not requiring AV personnel services, a sound lectern with a built-in PA system is available for $20 for the event.