Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes are gospel opportunities both locally and around the world for the young and adult – here and overseas!
CHBC families packed a total of 730 boxes to share the message of salvation this year. As a collection site, CHBC also collected 1,111 shoebox gifts from around our community.
Our team was also blessed to minister and pray with those who dropped off their boxes, including,
- A 6 yo whose prayer request was that her box recipient would like what she packed,
- A middle-aged man expecting news of a job as college dean,
- A family looking for a church,
- An elderly widow needing to move from her home of 56 years,
- A newlywed couple walked from nearby apartments for boxes, and
- A Durham church member requesting prayer for his members.
We were also blessed to speak with new CHBC members who had not been able to “connect” due to the pandemic. Our team heard many comments how glad they were to be apart of this year’s efforts as part of a church-wide initiative. In fact, God provided a sweet interaction between one member scheduled for specialty surgery with a new attender that also had the same surgeon for similar surgery; some sweet times of fellowship were had, praying for our congregation, as well as for the ministry at hand. To God be the Glory!
Thank you to all who served Him! Ella Brucket has served OCC many years and we are so grateful for her service. We have begun a year-round group to make, shop, and collect items for future shoe boxes. If you are interested, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Jan Hoyle – a long-time member of CHBC has regularly organized Operation Christmas Child for several years. If you’d like to be a part of this impactful ministry to kids all over the world, reach out to her at email@example.com.